If you like cherry tomatoes...

I've grown Sun Gold Tomatoes for the past 6 years here in southern NH, and I can't say enough good things about them.
For those who don't know this variety, it's a cherry tomato with a bright orange color and the most intense tomato taste ever. And best of all, it grown like a weed. They are very vigorous and each cluster (for lack of a better word) has about a dozen tomatoes on them. It peak season right now and each day I go out I pick nearly 30-40 of them (and that's just from 2 plants). Of course all the rain and hot weather we've had has helped. I've also planted then in containers and they seem to do almost as well except the fruits are a bit smaller.
Just wanted to pass on my experience, and to plant a seed (no pun intended). Because if your like me and already thinking about next years garden...
-Kevin
--
Don't forget to check out my cartoon, Virtual Humor!
http://www.kevinduffy.net/vh.htm

_______________________________________________ To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.
Doin' them in Maryland this year in a raised bed. I have a single plant with 9 stems, each at least 6 feet long, that I've individually staked. Producing like mad. I personally hate raw tomatos but SWMBO and the kids love them.

In a 3-gallon pot on my sunny fire escape, the SunSugar plant is vigorous, bushy, and resolutely cranking out truss after truss of little cherry tomatoes. They're glowing orange, just beginning to ripen, and have a wonderful sweet flavor so unlike the Sungold tomatoes I've bought at the market.
-- dkra
--
dkraatmmiiidotixdotnetcomdotcom
[Subtract two thousand and (one plus two), plus the "." of course.]

<snip>

Everyone raves about Sun Gold! I'm surprised I hadn't heard of them before this season. They're definitely on my list for next year.
Pat
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:57:22 -0400, "Toonartist"

Yes, I have grown Sungold here in the UK for several years. Whilst other varieties have come and gone, Sungold is always reliable and tastes fantastic.
In recent years, I have often lost tomatoes due to Blight. However, even though many of my other tomatoes have been affected by blight this year, the Sungolds have carried on producing.
Give 'em a go.
Colin ----- (Sorry - no direct email. Please reply via the newsgroup)