<http://www.discoverlife.org/nh/id/
Stumbled here note the cross post.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

Bill who putters wrote:

Very nice :-)
Rather north America centred :-(
David

Yes North America centered can you find similar effort up your way ?
Dreamroads 5:42 David Hudson Gunyal World AAC audio file 60 1998
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

Bill who putters wrote:

Some of much more limited scope - say for local plants or just one or two genera. That's the problem, finding resources to do the work, it is understandable that one would start near home.

I worked (through the Asheville Mushroom Club) for several years on a project partially funded by Discover Life. The project is an all taxa biodiversity inventory of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park. My work was with the fungal branch. We have presently identified over 3000 species of a suspected 10,000+. Have a look at: http://pluto.njcc.com/~ret/Butterflies.of.the.Soil/mainpage.html if you're interested.

Good Work. My hope is that the info is made widely available. Still I wonder if few folks can conceive what is in our world. Hell I can't fathom what is going on in my back yard. How to disseminate beauty and wonder aside from example eluded me but I intend to try. Poetry words of value straight photography mute compared to a gardener gardening. Actions speak louder I read louder then words.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

Oh my, fantastic work! I love the "Butterflies of the Soil" Must remember that for the Ca Native Plant Society folks. Emilie