ID on bottled fruit

Can somebody who is into growing exotic edible fruits please identify the fruit contained in the bottle illustrated at

tastes almost exactly like the European gooseberry Ribes uva-crispa, but clearly is not.

The fruit is the size of an olive and, as the photo shows, seems to have had a stone removed.

It is a product of China.

Reply to
Richard Wright

Check out the litchi fruits - litchi and rambutani. Although rambutani has far spinier (hairier? One or the other) skin than that shown on the bottle...

Henriette

Reply to
Henriette Kress

Most likely this fruit:

Cheers!

Reply to
OmManiPadmeOmelet

It looks like a Longan. The ones i've seen and eaten were white. Very tasty.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne

Chinese haw is about 1 inch in diameter. Big enough?

(a type of apricot/plum) is probably too big.

If you *do* find out what the fruit is, please post. I hate unsolved mysteries.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

There is no mystery Pat. it is clearly lychee.

Reply to
simy1

I don't think you have been reading the thread. If you have, why do you disbelieve the person who translated the Chinese characters on the jar? It is clearly Chinese hawthorn fruit.

Reply to
Richard Wright