ID on bottled fruit

Can somebody who is into growing exotic edible fruits please identify the fruit contained in the bottle illustrated at
http://www.box.net/public/static/490zvq1gf6.jpg
It tastes almost exactly like the European gooseberry Ribes uva-crispa, but clearly is not.
The fruit is the size of an olive and, as the photo shows, seems to have had a stone removed.
It is a product of China.

Check out the litchi fruits - litchi and rambutani. Although rambutani has far spinier (hairier? One or the other) skin than that shown on the bottle...
Henriette
--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.henriettesherbal.com

Most likely this fruit:
http://www.lycheesonline.com /
Lychee.
Cheers!
--
Peace, Om.

It looks like a Longan. The ones i've seen and eaten were white. Very tasty.
Dwayne

Richard Wright said:

Chinese haw is about 1 inch in diameter. Big enough?
http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Crataegus+pinnatifida+major
Mume (a type of apricot/plum) is probably too big.
If you *do* find out what the fruit is, please post. I hate unsolved mysteries.

There is no mystery Pat. it is clearly lychee.

I don't think you have been reading the thread. If you have, why do you disbelieve the person who translated the Chinese characters on the jar? It is clearly Chinese hawthorn fruit.