I've got 10 yards of new topsoil

Ok the soil will be delivered as soon as the snow leaves here,,,about a month I'm thinking. Heres the question...2 doors down from me the neighbor raised chickens for years. He's been gone for 2 years now and the house sits empty as does the chicken coop obviously! I was thinking of raiding the coop...will this chicken manure be any good for amending my dirt? I plan on building a new flower bed as I already have the veggies garden, even though if the manure is good I would probably add some to the garden to. Thanx for taking the time to read this..
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (diane) wrote:

I'd do it in a heartbeat. :-) 2 years is plenty for composting and chicken manure is seriously good stuff!
--
Peace, Om.

(diane) wrote:

and it will be free, and it is a waste product the new owner may simply throw in a bin.
rob
snipped-for-privacy@brokenegz.com writes:

What a find! Well worth the effort.
Be sure to get permission so as not to be in the police section of your local newspaper.
Glenna