I've got 10 yards of new topsoil

Ok the soil will be delivered as soon as the snow leaves here,,,about a month I'm thinking. Heres the question...2 doors down from me the neighbor raised chickens for years. He's been gone for 2 years now and the house sits empty as does the chicken coop obviously! I was thinking of raiding the coop...will this chicken manure be any good for amending my dirt? I plan on building a new flower bed as I already have the veggies garden, even though if the manure is good I would probably add some to the garden to. Thanx for taking the time to read this..

Reply to
diane

I'd do it in a heartbeat. :-)

2 years is plenty for composting and chicken manure is seriously good stuff!
Reply to
OmManiPadmeOmelet

What a find! Well worth the effort.

Be sure to get permission so as not to be in the police section of your local newspaper.

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

and it will be free, and it is a waste product the new owner may simply throw in a bin.

rob

Reply to
George.com