I'm sick of.....peas! What are you sick of?

The zucchini that came up where I planted seeds from a packet that was supposed to contain the seeds of the yellow squash pictured on it. YUK!
ctlady wrote:

illegal immigrants.

Cucumbers . . .

Throw in some green tomatoes, onions, carrots etc.
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/valley/6470/wildp14.html
Finding a large crock may be a challenge these days but it is worth the effort.
Have Fun!
Bill who used to do a lot of this stuff till my attention and energy went to our kids. Perhaps time to get back?
Neat book
The guide to self-Sufficiency by John Seymour ISBN 0-910990-74-3
God it even has a forward by E.F. Schumacher !
(Small is Beautiful)
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

We were getting sick of tomatoes about the time the intense heat and drought got to them.
I'm getting fed up of green beans. My husband will eat them till th
cows come home but I get bored with them. Also what can you do wit Courgettes. We leave a few to become marrows but there's only so man you can eat. A good tip for stuffed marrow is, when you have scoope out the inside, rub the flesh with sea salt and garlic, then soa overnight before stuffing with savoury mince. Delicious!
-- Directbulbs
Directbulbs wrote:

(Husband looks out the window and thinks "uh oh, here come the cows") "Honey, where did you put that book on canning?"
doofy;737136 Directbulbs wrote:-
I'm getting fed up of green beans. My husband will eat them till the cows come home but I get bored with them. -
(Husband looks out the window and thinks "uh oh, here come the cows") "Honey, where did you put that book on canning?"
i remember when i was a kid helping my mom to freeze some things lik beans and peas and i didnt remember her blanching them. so take a pee and see if this site might help ppl that are sick of some of thei veggies lolol. cyaaaaaa, sockiescat.
http://tinyurl.com/23w9b
-- sockiescat

1. Pick the flowers, coat with batter, and deep fry (like tempura or onion rings). Now, if your flowers have already set fruit it may be too late to reduce your havest this way. But the flowers do have a delightful light taste.
2. Enchilladas (haven't tried this specific recipe, but something along the lines of http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/48/Zucchini_Enchiladas2784.shtml ).
3. Zucchini bread (again, this isn't my recipe but it is similar: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Zucchini-Bread-IV/Detail.aspx ).
4. Soup. Not sure the Courgette are quite as good as winter squash for this, but clearly it can be done based on: http://southernfood.about.com/od/soupandstew/r/bl60804c.htm