I'm baaaaaaaack

I had a long absence due to illness, hospitalization, working on a website and writing a book, and all the other crud that happened in between. I'm raring and ready to get my garden started, so will be asking some questions here. Hope all is well with each of you.
Steve B XXtreme SW Utah 3700' elev. zone 7-8
Visit my blog at http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Been there, done that. Glad you're back ;O)
--
- Billy

Saw your site in other post and I've essentially been there, done that too. With cracked chest, I recall no driving for a month and no lifting more than 10 lb for 2 months. Less meat and more vegetables are good for you. Best thing for me was wife attending nutrician lecture in rehab and adjusting our diets accordingly.
In article

You might want to check out from the library
Good Calories, Bad Calories: Fats, Carbs, and the Controversial Science of Diet and Health By Gary Taubes (Amazon.com product link shortened) 62/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid71102831&sr=1-1
p.194 Anything that raises blood sugar - in particular, the consumption of refined and easily digestible carbohydrates - will increase the generation of oxidants and free radicals; it will increase the rate of oxidative stress and glycation,and the formation and accumulation of advanced glycation end products. This means that anything that raises blood sugar, by the logic of the carbohydrate hypothesis, will lead to more atherosclerosis and heart disease, more vascular disorders, and a pace of accelerated degeneration, even in those of us who never become diabetic.
--
- Billy
On 4/23/2010 1:17 PM, Billy wrote:

Never had a blood sugar problem and avoid sweets and use artificial sweeteners in coffee. If anything, when tested, it is on low side. What I'm talking about can be exemplified from what I read in an old cookbook when talking about steak, they said "plan on a pound to a pound and a half per person."

Saw your site in other post and I've essentially been there, done that too. With cracked chest, I recall no driving for a month and no lifting more than 10 lb for 2 months. Less meat and more vegetables are good for you. Best thing for me was wife attending nutrician lecture in rehab and adjusting our diets accordingly.
Best thing I ever heard, "Don't change the menu, just change the ingredients." I could understand that.
Steve