I know it's cliche

I know it's a cliche by now, but, oh, local strawberries are *so* much better than what you can get in the stores! I stopped by a road side stand this afternoon, and it's been like having a box of candy on the counter.
Oh, and the smell, grocery store strawberries just don't have that wonderful smell!
Penelope
Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

Did you try wild strawberries from forests- that is uncomparable.
snipped-for-privacy@lutea.com says...

Err, I seem to recall reading that strawberries taste *less* good with each passing year for the plant(?) So wild ones would likely be old plants.
I had nice fruits from first-generation plants this past summer. But I am not sure how they will taste next season?
--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com /

Fine. Old strawbs are supposed to get viruses but they still taste great. They do seem to produce less though.