I know it's cliche

I know it's a cliche by now, but, oh, local strawberries are *so* much better than what you can get in the stores! I stopped by a road side stand this afternoon, and it's been like having a box of candy on the counter.

Oh, and the smell, grocery store strawberries just don't have that wonderful smell!

Penelope

Reply to
Penelope Periwinkle

Did you try wild strawberries from forests- that is uncomparable.

Reply to
extincted

Err, I seem to recall reading that strawberries taste

*less* good with each passing year for the plant(?) So wild ones would likely be old plants.

I had nice fruits from first-generation plants this past summer. But I am not sure how they will taste next season?

Reply to
Antipodean Bucket Farmer

Fine. Old strawbs are supposed to get viruses but they still taste great. They do seem to produce less though.

Reply to
Farm1