I can't win

For years birds and squirrels would get to my figs before me. This year I was able to keep the birds and squirrels off with a net. So this year my fig are being eaten by ants and wasps.
James wrote:

I managed to eat one ripe fig this year. None last year or the year before, even though it produces twice yearly. Now my tree, bush really, is sideways with much of its root system exposed. Any ideas on what might be the best way to save it?

Have you tried covering the whole tree with an old terylene curtain and taping that securely around the truck of the tree?
In article

Bird netting over the tree, sevin dust at the base for ants.
Can't help you with the wasps...
Just harvest every morning, early?
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the
In article

Raise a rock bed around it and fill it with soil.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the
I can grow stuff that people say can't be grown but the easy-to-grow fig kicked my manure pile. I tried for 5 years to grow figs, but a 1' fig tree I bought grew less than 8" during all that time, I had given another fig bought from the same nursery at the same time to my mother-in-law and it grew 15' in one year before she had to top it because the wind was threatening to snap the branches. After I gave that damned fig ( from my point of view) to my Grandmother, she got two crops a year off the devil plant with no effort at all, so yeah, there is no justice in the world of gardening. Pat
James wrote:

I agree, "there justice in the world of gardening". I have been unable to get my felt flowers to grow even one inch in ten years. I feel your pain.
Enjoy Life ... Dan
--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.