I Bet You're jalouse of my olive oil!

I think I'm very lucky to live in a typical tuscan hill, In autumn I get to produce my own olive oil, But I've just found out that Bruschetta (Toast with garlic and olive oil) Isn't the only beauty of of this precious product. Discover these 8 surprising uses for olive oil.

Tonyfrost

The poster is using an "internet service provider" (ISP) that is connected to Russia, Belarus, Iran, and Uzbekistan, to name a few.

Don't blindly click on a link unless your security is totally locked down, otherwise malware can execute. That's why many spammers conceal the destination URL using miniurl.com or tinyurl.com. Clicking on one of these links could cause all sorts of damage.

Reply to
Wildbilly

Lots o' possibullbilities with this kind o' shit, Billy, and the kind of shit we were gettin' with our gunney and others. I am assuming you are keeping up with all things possible re: keeping our homeland safe and the proles in their place.

Seems like it's been takin' most folks here a hell of a long time to figger out this poster is a friggin' troll/spammer or worse. Maybe the science don't indicate that yet.

Usenet sure ain't what it used to be, thanks to the powers that be. Great place now for spammers, agents provocateur, and kiddie porners...all the same, afaiac.

Charlie, who is in bad humor 'cuz he jest spilt a cuppa java on the desk and keyboard and several of his keys went AWOL, including the ESC key and the 3,4, and 6 keys on the left hand (numeric pad still works). Eff me, I'm gonna have to dig out the old straight keyboard or shell out bucks for a new ergoboard or be pissed off forever. Maybe it'll dry out.

Reply to
Charlie

I particularly like the idea of reducing snoring by lubricating the throat with olive oil, who knew that snoring was caused by lack of lubrication. Here was I thinking that snoring was exacerbated by those who lubricate the throat too much with food or drink.

And of course it can be used as a personal lubricant. It doesn't say if extra virgin olive oil is required. I doubt that there are many extra virgins around here but in those Tuscan hills you never know. And it can be applied to smooth the skin after shaving. Two uses in one! Three if you add in polishing the furniture at the same time. I am all for re-use and recycle.

I bet you can use for polishing the ornaments or "polir le Chinois" as they say just over the border in France. If you are in a hurry it frees stuck zippers. Those hot-blooded Mediterranean people sure are ingenious.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

I owe you an apology, David. I have apparently unjustly characterized you as humorless and coldly analytical.

Mea Culpa Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Maybe your keyboard will dry out but my redundant Lycopersicon esculentum are gone. I committed Lycopersicon esculentumcide. There were just too many to take care of. Now I just have the tomatoes that I intend to plant, plus a back up. Hopefully, if all of them survive until planting, I can find the the back up tomatoes foster homes. Arrgh, I feel so unclean. Maybe I should start going to the flea market. Hmmm.

Reply to
Wildbilly

I think most of the people who are long term gardeners had begun to notice the 'not quite right' element. It's always worth giving newbies the benefit of the doubt at first but it generally doesn't take long to figure out.

Reply to
FarmI

I have to admit, I've never seen one person post so many messages that go, "I like to do this...check out this link for more general information about it!"

--S.

Reply to
Suzanne D.

Tony: You have come across a very unique usenet group. Many of us here on rec.gardens have more in common than gardening. Many of us here are computer professionals. We have the tools and capabilities to trace the origins of your messages. Unless you also have the knowledge and tools to block the traces. Which I doubt. Are you getting the picture :)

Enjoy Life... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

God I wish I knew how to do that!

Reply to
FarmI

FarmI....

Hmmmm.... ask and it shall be given :)

Well, I am pushing that statement somewhat, you decide.

First look at the "show details" option on your newsreader. If you have that option. I see you are using:

---> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5843

Not sure where or if your news reader has that option. If not find a news reader that can "Show Details".

Like Tony's posting "Show Details".

------------------------------------------->

------------------------------------------->

Within the details look for an IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx format.

I have a network utility program. It comes built-in on all Mac Computers. Not sure about PC's, It should. I use the command "whois", within the network utility program, so you can enter posting-host "87.1.133.167". Try different servers like "whois.ripe.net" and so on, till you find a server that provides an answer.

The results of "Whois" show up like this:

------------------------------------------>

person: ####### STAFF address: ################ address: ################ address: ################ address: Italy phone: ################ e-mail: ################ nic-hdl: BS104-RIPE mnt-by: IRNETCO-RIPE-MNT source: RIPE # Filtered

% Information related to '87.1.0.0/16AS3269'

route: 87.1.0.0/16 descr: INTERBUSINESS origin: AS3269 mnt-by: TIWS-MNT mnt-routes: INTERB-MNT source: RIPE # Filtered

----------------------------------------->

I am not sure about the internet rules of posting addresses and phone numbers so I ####### took them out.

Well, Tony is posting from Italy. Beyond that I am not sure. The address is just his internet providers address and not Tony's himself. However one could call the phone number and try to find greater details.

Sooo, Privacy and computers do not go well. When posting always be kind.

So does this answer your question FarmI ????

Enjoy Life... God :)

Reply to
Dan L.

Not really. I know how to do a properties check and whois check and have done them enough, but as you say, all you end up with is the ISP addy and details. Now that may work for a general location and maybe even narrow it to a very small area if a local ISP is used, but that won't help if an ISP that provides nationwide service is used.

It was only a passing fancy anyway but I do wish I was much more computer literate than I am.

Reply to
FarmI

Perhaps...

However, if one has really legal problem with a user, that ISP's phone number with the posting information might lead directly to the machine and time that user was using. Even if that user is using a public library account can lead to the person. At my local library, cameras are everywhere.

The smart criminal type would use a stolen laptop and drive up and down the streets looking for an open wireless connection. Those are hard to track.

There is an interesting magazine you might like:

Magazine has no interest to me today. I use to read it many many years ago when I was school.

Enjoy Life and be Honest... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

Humour and analysis are not mutually exclusive, I know some top analysts whose humour is rollicking but it can also be daunting. I usually limit expeditions into humour on usenet because it is too easy to give offence accidentally when people are from other cultures and if they cannot tell for sure that you are being playful even those from very similar cultures can get cranky over small things.

Here's to fun

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

True.

My anti-virus software warns me against that site.

Reply to
FarmI

Does not surprise me :)

The "2600" magazine is computer hackers web site. They have have a nice quarterly publication, can be purchased at most book stores. They have meetings around the country. By your posting I thought you might be interested in that type of computing. However, it has been decades since I read that magazine. Like accounting classes, they teach how to steal in order to protect yourself. I should add, I am an ACM member (Association for Computing Machinery). It is good that you have such software running. I think to some degree you already know how to protect yourself. I think you have more knowledge about computers than you let on :)

I use a unix based machine, they are much harder to get into. I would never ever own a wintel machine!

Enjoy Life... Dan :)

Reply to
Dan L.

Well I'm a whizz on using google and can certainly find my way around all features of my email prog, but I wouldn't know how to load a piece of software to save myself.

Now I recognise those words as being in English but I have absolutley no idea whatsoever what you are writing about. :-))) He who is sitting the the kitchen and worked in IT for 40+ years may know, but certainly not me. :-((

Reply to
FarmI