I ate a beet

Page 2 of 2
Omelet wrote:

but not golden. ;-)

Hm, do I really want to go there? <grins>
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

Don't tell me that a proctology convention is breaking out here:-0
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
In article

I'll be quiet now. <g>
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

Buncha scaredy cats.

Just not scatological philosophists.
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

I love beets just sliced and steamed, the greens can be the same. Just a little butter and they're delish! But you can roast beets, cut one in half (through the stem end) and put it face down on a slightly oiled sheet. Roast it until you can pierce with a fork. The peel will slip off. This really enhances the natural sweetness of the beet.
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked
tuckermor wrote:

I planted some buckwheat out there, to attract bees, build the soil, but I think it's in a spot that is too shady.
I also planted a container of snap beans. Got one plateful out of it. But, by golly, I grew them.
What's a good shade tolerant veggie?

I'd like to know too. I'm not sure there are any?
Maybe broad leaf greens such as chard?