Hydroponics

Page 2 of 2
I find it hard to believe that even 20% of everyone going into a hydroponic store is there to grow drugs. although that gentleman probably was.

I am interesting in growing tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, raspberries, and strawberries. I'm more interested in light requirements for each plant, ppm levels etc. theres enough info in building various systems all over the place, but I have not found anyone talking about different vegetables.
well if the war on drugs has done anything, its keep us at the grocery store for produce...weeee

I don't know where you're posting from, but in North America, that number coincides nicely with published "user" statistics.
It's a real shame, too, since hydroponics are a valuable addition to many gardener's toolkit.

On Jan 19, 10:15 pm, snipped-for-privacy@smart.net (Dick Adams) wrote:

I dont understand why all the concern about the growing equipment when the USDA in West Virgina is doing 8 years worth of research on growing strawberries in hydoponics, USDA also gave Uni of Arkansas 8 years worth of grant money to study Blackberreis in hydroponics and Uni of New Hampshire was awarded 8 years for study of Blueberries. HERE WE HAVE THE USDA putting out WARNING bullitons to All in USA that the United States is about to lose their BERRY crops, due to land, water, earth pollution and the largest reason for the loss is Land Developement....and also mentions that these crops need to be done in greenhouses due to these pollutions.... now when the usda is putting out warnings as this, wouldnt you expect a few in the USA to go out and follow right along with what is being researched at the USDA? I AM as you know Rdad!!
Dick,
I'm looking for the same info. I want to put together something small, just to grow herbs. I think it would be silly to pay $150 for the Aerogarden if I can put something together in a plastic bucket.
I just can't find the info.
Please post if you find anything.
Most of the books at Amazon seem to be geared towards large-scale gardening, or marijuana.
On 4/25/07 7:37 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

whatever. You can manually move the nutrient solution. Rather than spend much effort, I spent some money. By the time you get pumps, tools, whatever, you get in a hole. Nutrients have boutique prices in hydroponics store.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

Actually, I just found a product called WaterFarm by General Hydroponics. It costs <$50, and includes everything, including nutrients, growing medium, and pump. Doesn't seem like too bad a price. I already have a light and support frame.
On 4/26/07 5:47 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

I recommend that to people. It gets their feet wet, so to speak. You sounded like a bit of a tightwad, so I did not suggest it.
I have two strings of Water Farm buckets and one string of various buckets configured like a Water Farm. I found that by the time I got everything together, I did not save much over the General Hydroponics equipment.
The one problem I have with these strings is that there is very little circulation of nutrient. You will not have that problem with a single pot. The concentration and pH can vary from one pot to the next.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

Geez, these things are popular with the pot crowd. Just Googling for info, I feel like they're going to kick down my door. :-)