Hydroponics

I dont understand why all the concern about the growing equipment when the USDA in West Virgina is doing 8 years worth of research on growing strawberries in hydoponics, USDA also gave Uni of Arkansas 8 years worth of grant money to study Blackberreis in hydroponics and Uni of New Hampshire was awarded 8 years for study of Blueberries. HERE WE HAVE THE USDA putting out WARNING bullitons to All in USA that the United States is about to lose their BERRY crops, due to land, water, earth pollution and the largest reason for the loss is Land Developement....and also mentions that these crops need to be done in greenhouses due to these pollutions.... now when the usda is putting out warnings as this, wouldnt you expect a few in the USA to go out and follow right along with what is being researched at the USDA? I AM as you know Rdad!!

Reply to
sequoia8

Steve Calvin expounded:

Sadly your attitude is what will give them the freedom to do exactly that.

You are naive.

Of course they should. But instead they continue to pile law after law onto law abiding citizens, as if that's going to do a thing about crime. Criminals don't give a shit about gun laws, never have, and never will. But we will surely lose our rights to self-defense if we all get as complacent as you.

Reply to
Ann

And you my dear are sadly in need of a reality injection instead of taking those hysteria pills.

Reply to
Steve Calvin

Dick,

I'm looking for the same info. I want to put together something small, just to grow herbs. I think it would be silly to pay $150 for the Aerogarden if I can put something together in a plastic bucket.

I just can't find the info.

Please post if you find anything.

Most of the books at Amazon seem to be geared towards large-scale gardening, or marijuana.

Reply to
Mitch

There is no magic involved. You can use buckets, pipes, rain gutters, whatever. You can manually move the nutrient solution. Rather than spend much effort, I spent some money. By the time you get pumps, tools, whatever, you get in a hole. Nutrients have boutique prices in hydroponics store.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Actually, I just found a product called WaterFarm by General Hydroponics. It costs

Reply to
Mitch

I recommend that to people. It gets their feet wet, so to speak. You sounded like a bit of a tightwad, so I did not suggest it.

I have two strings of Water Farm buckets and one string of various buckets configured like a Water Farm. I found that by the time I got everything together, I did not save much over the General Hydroponics equipment.

The one problem I have with these strings is that there is very little circulation of nutrient. You will not have that problem with a single pot. The concentration and pH can vary from one pot to the next.

Bill

-- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.

Reply to
Salmon Egg

Geez, these things are popular with the pot crowd. Just Googling for info, I feel like they're going to kick down my door. :-)

Reply to
Mitch