Hydroponics

Page 1 of 2
There do not appear to be any Hydroponics newsgroups and the Hydroponics listserv I was using shut down a few years ago.
Does anyone know where the Hydroponics people congregate on the Internet?
Dick
P.S.: If you have any tax question, try misc.taxes.moderated. It's free and has no spam.
On 1/19/07 7:15 PM, in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, "Dick

Bill -- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.
i see many are congreating in garden chat rooms, thru differnt portals like yahoo
Dick Adams wrote:

Dick Adams wrote:

I'm not able to speak to how good it is, or isn't.
I'm surprised that there's not a usenet group for it. You could always start one.
--
Steve

Dick; You will find that most are leary now talking about hydroponics as well as where to get supplies for it, due to a administration that has allowed the collecting of personal data about anyone (especially solo growers) purchasing the items. In case some on the list doesn't know it, this is another avenue the p act covers, and the war on drugs since hydroponics are used for pot growing. Anyone that purchases from one to several items of hydroponics and uses a cc or check has thier info sent to the government even if all you grow are hot house tomatoes. Good luck
Dick Adams wrote:

wawwiz wrote:

And if being used for legal purposes, you care, why?
--
Steve

says...

If the equipment is being used for legal purposes, why should you be placed on a gubmint list of criminal suspects?
--
Want Freebies?
http://www.TheFreeStuffList.com /

1) It's NOT a list of criminal suspects. It's a list of people who have purchased equipment known to be used for criminal purposes.
2) Want to purchase a still? Just go to Sears and they will sell you one since it's perfectly legal to distill water. But they turn over a list of buyers to the ATF periodically.
3) Go buy a gun. You need a permit and the gun has to be registered.
SO WHAT!
Dick
snipped-for-privacy@smart.net (Dick Adams) wrote:

If your local librarian is a friend, ask them about what they're required to report nowadays.
(If they're not already a friend, you'll only raise suspicion, which they're required to report.)
Strange times indeed.
"SO WHAT" you say! So it's none of the governments business if any individual wants to buy hydroponic materials, nor if I want to check out a book, or any item like these, it's an invasion of our privacy, thats what is SO WHAT! As for guns, you can still buy a gun from a provate person without registering it, you can still build a still as long as you don't produce a set amount past what is considered personal consumption, and thats what we really need, more guns and more booze. I was just stating why there's not more hydroponic groups, as for the pot growers, if they are growing thier smoke here at home, none of the money is filtering back to the terrorist, seems more sensible to legalize it, tax it (it is the largest cash crop in America) and take the money away from the wetbacks and terrorist. I am not condoning the use but someone needs to wake up and see the war on drugs is actually fueling the other world economies.
One last note, doesn't take much to weed (sorry for the pun) out the conservatives from the liberals does it! Dick Adams wrote:

I believe possession of an unregistered hand gun is a criminal offense in some juristictions.

You must be thinking of beer and wine which has a limit of 100 gallons of beer and 100 gallons of wine per adult with a limit of 200 gallons of each per household. In St. Mary's County in Maryland, bona fide residents can sell homebrewed native wines and cider from their houses. Home distillation is not legal through the United States, its territories, and its possessions. But in New Zealand you can brew and distill all you need. In the Australian Capital Territory and in the of South Australia, you can grow up to 7 marijauna plants at one time.

More booze sounds good to me!

Absolute agreement.

In early December of 1980, I was at a house party and was discussing plans for an upcoming social organization New Year's Eve party and said "It will be $45 per person and $60 per couple." When asked what was a 'couple', I replied "It's two people who registered together." The person who asked the question then began a salvo of questions like "Do they have to be married?; do they have to living together?; What if they are gay?". My repetitive response was "Did they register together?"
Someone who never met either of us said "It's easy to tell how you just voted." Another person in the room started laughing and, pointing to me, said "He's a yellow-dog Republican" and, pointing to the other person, "He's a knee-jerk liberal."
One last note: It doesn't take much to weed out the conservatives from the reactionaries.
I will post no further on this subject as it has more to do with politics than gardening.
Dick
[...]

snipped-for-privacy@smart.net (Dick Adams) writes:

It's been a long time since I purchased a weapon, but is this generally true? If I go to Walmarts and buy a shotgun, I have to be registered? What about if I got to a gun show? Or buy from a friend?
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@adboyd.com (J. David Boyd) wrote:

Only handguns, and then only from registered gun dealers. Private purchases, gifts, and inherited handguns are exempt.
In some locales you're also required to demonstrate safe handling proficiency, too. Here in California you have to show your DOJ (Dept. of Justice) card, indicating that you paid a dealer to show you how not to point it at things you don't intend to shoot.

Depends on the State.

<snicker>
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.
Just Another wrote:

That depends on the State. Here in NY if you buy a pistol, you first need to be approved by the police department after background checks, etc. Rifles and shotguns don't require a permit or police check but the store must run a cursory check and the weapon is registered to you. Does that stop me from selling a shotgun or rifle? No. Pistol? Absolutely.
As for being on some freekin' list? I really don't give a rats ass. If I'm not doing anything illegal why would I?
If I'm growing tomatoes with hydros and they wanna come see 'em, come on ahead! Wanna take my guns, well, now they may have a problem there, as with any gun owner I suspect.
People spout all the time that the gov. will use this information to confiscate all guns. Ain't no freekin' way.
There are WAY too many people who legally own them that they wouldn't have a chance.
Now... if someone's into illegal activity and gets busted for those lists then I'm all for it.
--
Steve

Sadly your attitude is what will give them the freedom to do exactly that.

You are naive.

Of course they should. But instead they continue to pile law after law onto law abiding citizens, as if that's going to do a thing about crime. Criminals don't give a shit about gun laws, never have, and never will. But we will surely lose our rights to self-defense if we all get as complacent as you.
--
Ann
e-mail address is not checked
Ann wrote:

And you my dear are sadly in need of a reality injection instead of taking those hysteria pills.
--
Steve

On 1/21/07 1:39 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "wawwiz"

both independently noticed that someone was paying for some rather expensive equipment with five dollar bills. My son commented that I was probably the only one there interested in growing tomatoes.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.