Hungarian Wax versus Hungarian Hot

Just got off the phone with a buddy who is new to gardening. He was looking at Hungarian Wax, and Hungarian Hot at the local K-Mart, and wanted to know what the difference was. To the best of my knowledge, they would BOTH be hot peppers, but I don't know why they were named differently. I also told him I thought the sweet ones that looked like Hungarians were called banana peppers. Anyone able to help us out here? Thanks! Ken
On Mon, 16 May 2005 15:26:48 -0400, "Ken Anderson"

There are hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of varieties of peppers. Hungarian Wax and Hot peppers may be similar, ie, both might be wax-type peppers; or they may be two entirely different varieties. Are there pictures on the little tag? Do the pods look similar?
There is at least one hot banana pepper, btw; but I think most banana peppers are sweet.
Hope that's not too confusing...
Penelope
WalMart must have mislabeled our plants. We thought we were getting mild banana peppers. I took a bite of one last week and it blew my eyes out.
My neighbor is a hot pepper fiend...he eats our habanero sauce on crackers, and this one blew his eyes and socks off as well. And melted his face.
It was hot.