Huckleberries or blueberries ?

Whichever way you call 'em , they're blooming right now in the woods where we live . These are the low bush variety , and I know they have sweet tasty fruit - if we can get to 'em before the critters . I've been told that one of the other <human> residents here in The Holler like to come pick them from our land , and that may also be part of the reason I never seem to get any . The first <or second?> summer we owned the property we got a few , which is how I know how tasty they are . This year , since we're in residence here , we hope to harvest enough to freeze some for later - same with the blackberries . On another front , I got the big tiller <freebie from one of my handyman customers> up from Memphis this trip and got it running . Cost me all of $6.50 for a new drive belt and an hour or so tuning up the ignition system on the motor . It sure does a much better job than the little 2-stroker ! I should have the garden all turned and some manure/compost mixed in by later today - I don't think this ground has ever been turned or gardened , in fact I don't think anything has been done at all here since it was logged in the 1930's . That'll let me get the 12 tomatoes <6 each better and big boy> and the 4 jalapenos planted tomorrow . These are all locally grown heirloom plants , I'm expecting Good Things this year ! BTW , a local who grows for sale recommended using a tbsp of epsom salts under each plant , supposed to prevent cutworms . Hey , it's cheap , and he obviously knows what he's doing , his garden(s) look great and he's already got a lot of plants well established . I tend to listen when it's obvious that someone knows more than I do <well , except for politics and that's opinion , not fact> .
--
Snag

Black whortleberry, blueberry, burren myrle, dyeberry, huckleberry, hurleberry, whinberry, whortleberry, wineberry, Bilberry

--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/