How were your tomatoes this year?

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@getthe.net writes: [snip]

[snip]
What are you planting for green manure? I am seriously considering doing this for this winter, especially since I messed up with those wood chips.
Glenna
snipped-for-privacy@pmug.org (Glenna Rose) wrote:

Excellent question. Local nursery (Harmony, Sebastopol, CA) has a mix of seeds that they call green manure. Just a beginner, sorry. I'll try to find out what they got in their mix. Meanwhile, I've planted red clover between my stepping stones.
Can't believe it. Rain today. Rain tomorrow. 80 F on Tuesday? Tomatoes still going strong.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Billy wrote:

Oh shoot, you're local. I'm in Fremont. Used to live in Petaluma for a couple of years. Ex-girlfriend in Sebastopol.

Small world. I'm up here with my toes in the Russian River. I guess we'll be saying good-bye to summer for the next few days.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

Billy wrote:

I've heard sometimes the river can come find your toes.

That was before gentrification. Guerneville is the only town I know that had "normal" flooding but that seems to be a thing of the past. Dams and reservoirs seem to have put an end to our spectacular "normal" flooding. (The river at Mirabelle is normally 40 feet across but with a good flood it can go to a mile or so.) Some of the riverside residents didn't appreciate it but the flooding used to close River Road and nobody could get in or out, or go to work. Quicker than you can say "Bob's your uncle", block parties would breakout on the hillsides among the most dedicated employees and except for the reveling, which lasted late into the night, the nights were quiet. Without the sound of traffic, you could only hear the rain and the wind. It was wonderful, er, horrible that so many dedicated employees were forced to sit idylly by, sipping some calming fluids with their friends and neighbors, waiting for the waters to subside.
Life in the woods ain't for the faint of heart.
--
FB - FFF

Billy

'Billy[_4_ Wrote:

during the spring and summer things were all red , now with alots o rain .l donot know what to sa
-- mor