How to save onion crop?

We had a great gardening year and fantastic onion crop. Just before we were going to harvest the onions, we had several heavy rains...almost two inches. We pulled the onions as soon as we could and laid them out on an old bed spring in an enclosed out building as in past years. This year's crop appers simply too wet. We have found many starting to rot. Anyone have a means, under these conditions, to cure onions for long keeping?

Reply to
Al

cure them in the sun? I leave them on my patio the first day, where on any sunny day the temperature exceeds 95. Then I put them in the garage.

Reply to
simy1