How to grow chia?

I know these seeds will grow in Mexico and south America but will they grow in north America?
Does anyone know the right growing conditions?
TIA

They grow wild in some areas of North America too.
--
Peace! Om

Lots of sand and heat - think Anza Borrego state park, in southern California.
Henriette
--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.henriettesherbal.com
Henriette Kress wrote:

I've discovered that it will grow in northern California too. It doesn't need a lot of heat but I bet the conditions of light and water are also big factors.