How to Grow a Tea Garden

A tea garden is a delightful hobby that can complement your herb garden and will provide you with the joy of fresh tea at a moment's notice. Creating a tea garden in a container can also make a perfect gift for somebody; her's a beautifully made guide to grow tea in anyway at home!!!! here it is

Tonyfrost

We are a gardening group pal. We don't need, or want your spam or your overpriced gizmo junk. When you say tea, are you talking about Camellia sinensis, or tisanes? Are we talking 3 cups of tea a day, all year long, or are we talking 1 cup a month?

Why don't you just cut the crap, tell us what you got, and how much you want for it?

I hate myself but I went to your site. Your only selling ads. The directions were (1) get a pot, (2) put some potting soil in it, (3) plant an herb in the soil laden pot. My god your a genius, OK, you're really an idiot. Stupid flange head.

Reply to
Wildbilly

Uh...

Your posts look as if you are shilling whether you intend it or not.

Reply to
phorbin

Since you ask: "That you go away" comes to mind....

Reply to
Derald

You post "How to Grow a Tea Garden", in a vegetable garden newsgroup! And then the site that you give us says "put potting soil in pot, and plant herb", close quotes. Did you just fall off the turnip truck, out on the interstate? Your ignorance of the subject is offensive. An being a freak is far better than being an aluminum siding, used car, "tea bag" anal sphincter, to come into a forum where you know squat, and try to run the "hits" routine on us. Go bugger yourself.

Reply to
Wildbilly

What Wildbilly is trying to say in a very Wildbilly way, is to take it easy. You have joined an established group which is the societal equivalent of a community. You've accused a regular poster here of being rude, but then have you read here for long enough so that the personalities of the posters are known to you, or followed the interactions between individuals? Can you recognise the twits and separate them from those who give good advice?

Wildbilly is a regular so he's one of us and we're used to him. That does not mean that we necessarily share the same opinions or never have disagreements with him, but we do know him whereas we don't know you. Wildbilly has a presence and a personality known to regular readers and posters, you don't yet. If you choose to remain, hang around and read for a while and then ease yourself into the group.

Reply to
FarmI

I looked at the post.

It doesn't have to be one, but it does look like a shill.

And the idea of growing camellia sinensis in my zone 5 climate interests me a bit as does the idea of growing and processing coffee. Though I'd settle for some other caffeine producing plant that's tasty enough, not a tropical and maybe at least a zone 6.

Reply to
phorbin

A acquired taste.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

Like all of usenet this group is a wild mixture of people. You will get all combinations of passion/calm and knowledge/ignorance.

No just slow down a bit and don't get jumpy just because somebody else does.

Give it a try.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

All kinds of herbs can be used to make a tea beverage. Lemon balm is a favorite of mine, spearmint is good. Nettle makes a nice base, as do raspberry leaves.

I'm currently drinking store bought green tea but when the weather warms up.....

Reply to
kate

Fonyfrost: Well allright, I AM SORRY if you didn't like my article on green tea, I was just wanting to share it with you to get some advice, but some of you seems to be a bit aggressive, I am a GARDENING LOVER OK? ______________________________________________ I don't recall you asking for advice but since you say you want some, what do you want to know about tea gardens? Or do you perhaps want to know what plants can be used to make tea/tisanes?

Tonyfrost: And I would indeed lik to be part of this group. But if you don't like newbies then just say it!!!! __________________________________________ I don't think that this group is especially unwelcome to newbies, but since we have had periodic visits from trolls, we are perhaps less tolerant than we could be of newbies. How about starting over and telling us a bit about yourself and what sort of gardening you do.

Tonyfrost: If you want I can unsubscribe and look for another forum or group. Anyway I do live in Italy right now in a town called Cortona which is in Tuscany, I can show you where I live and you'll fall in love. Ok hope we all get to be friends. _________________________________________ You're in a lovely part of the world and living in an interesting place. What plants do you grow there?

Reply to
FarmI

Mimosa flowers do smell wonderful. They come up like weeds in my part of the world - I have 4-5 mimosa trees and dozens of seedlings each year that it hurts to weed out. They're the last of the trees to flower in my yard, middle TN, USA.

Reply to
kate

Tonyfrost: but I have a whole tree in front of my window, i'll take a picture and show it tomorrow, Anyway let's say that it's a beautifull tree that provides yellow ball flowers that have a wonderfull smell. And what italian men do every

8th of march is they buy some mimosa and give it as a present to any girl or woman that they like, because that day is called ''women's day'' over here, it's realy an amazing day, cuz even the girls at school are interrupted by flower vendors that bring them these flowers to them that have actually been bought by their ''lovers'', so it's a great day and I can't wait, cuz I have like loads to sell !!!! I'll tell more about my garden later anyway. ___________________________________ Here in Oz, there was an old belief that having wattle (mimosa) indoors was very unlucky. I don't believe that but since they are so lovely int he garden and in the wild, I don't see any point in cutting it to bring it indoors.

When I lived in London in the mid 70s, I remember seeing some wattle for sale and of course it was labelled 'mimosa', but it was a species of Australian wattle. I was so homesick that I bought some. Of course it soon died and really I should have just kept walking as buying it made me even more homesick.

Reply to
FarmI

Tony: A tea garden is a delightful hobby that can complement your herb garden and will provide you with the joy of fresh tea at a moment's notice. . . her's (?, Here's) a beautifully made guide to grow tea in anyway at home!!!!

's freakin' web site:

Herbal-Tea-Garden

References to "tea" below should be understood to refer to herbal* tea. Creating the Tea Garden 1 Select a large container or a part of your existing herb garden. Either method for a tea garden is fine, as long as it is convenient for you.

Ads by Google Herbal Teas Online Herbal Tea From Top Gardens. Free Shipping On Orders Over $35!

2 Prepare the soil or pot. Prepare the soil or pot as you would do normally for planting herbs or flowers. 3 Choose your herbs. There are quite a few herbs and flowers that are suitable for making herbal teas. Your choice is dependent on what flavors you like the most and what will grow best for you. The following is a mere selection of good possibilities:

yada, yada, yada

4 Follow the growing instructions for each plant.

-----

A total of 7 suckers paid for ads on this page.

Billy: We are a gardening group pal.

Tony: Hey freak! What the heck do you want from me????? . . . I just love tea!!!!!!! And woul dlove** to grow tea at my house ok? What's your problem?

Tony: Well allright, I AM SORRY if you didn't like my article on green tea***, I was just wanting to share it with you to get some advice, but some of you seems to be a bit aggressive, I am a GARDENING LOVER OK?

------

OK, it's given that Tony is too dumb to have written the web site, so he's off the hook for trying to rope in the suckers.

I guess that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I wouldn't call the web page beautiful in any regard.

First, there is the dissonance between "A tea garden is a delightful hobby that can complement your herb garden and will provide you with the joy of fresh tea . . .", and I just love tea!!!!!!! And woul dlove** to grow tea at my house ok?

There is the delight and joy of tea gardening followed by the conditional "would", as in "I just love tea!!!!!!! And woul dlove** to grow tea at my house."

------ It would appear that Tony doesn't actually participate in the delight and joy of tea gardening, but cherishes the thought of it instead.

Apparently, Tony barely stopped long enough at the site to cut and paste, because it says, right at the top, "References to "tea" below should be understood to refer to herbal* tea."

Tony: "Well allright, I AM SORRY if you didn't like my article on green tea***."

----- He still doesn't get it. Apparently, he doesn't know what a tisane, or an infusion is.

Tony, I found the web sight to be offensive and insulting, because there was no information on the gardener/plant interaction (watering, feeding, light, temperatures) and you were posing. You wouldn't know a Camellia sinensis, if you fell over it.

Tony, (or anyone else) you don't have to impress anybody. If you think you can help a poster here, please respond to them.

Tony, (or anyone else) if you have questions, ask, and provide information about soil, and weather that pertain to your problem. If you just want to be a wanker, and a poser, move to Los Angles.

Capisce?

You'd do well to follow Farms advice.

--------

Here (N. Calif.) the peach trees are blooming. The rhubarb has put out its first leaves, and a dozen or so overlooked potatoes have popped up. I rewarded the potatoes with coffee grounds. I seeded my beds with rye and buckwheat, and the buckwheat seems to be growing best.

Rainy this weekend, I hope to get back out to the garden next week. I need the exercise.

Inside, the tomatoes, and peas have germinated, and the first of the peppers poked its head up today (a sweet banana pepper).

Reply to
Wildbilly

This is a text only newsgroup.

Don't post images to this newsgroup.

If you must post garden pictures to USENET and want people here to see them, post them to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens and then leave a note here with the subject header.

Otherwise use flickr or some such and post a link.

If Google is up to snuff, it's likely they'll strip out the image anyway. If they don't, other servers probably will as the posting propagates through the network.

Get a newsreader or use Outlook or Thunderbird and set up an account at

is the most efficient and comprehensible way of communicating on USENET. Googlegroups is virtually useless by comparison.

There's more to learn about USENET than you think.

Start here

(follow the links)

Check USENET out on Wikipedia if you want history and other data.

Reply to
phorbin

No. It isn't. ...And while it's called a newsgroup I'm pretty sure it's=20 not what you seem to think it is.

Have you read through the page I referred you to and read the links?

If you have then maybe there's something to discuss. Until you do,=20 there's nothing more to say because we don't have any hint of a common=20 language and I've no time to bring you up to speed.

Many of the questions you need answered will be dealt with there and you=20 won't have to ask questions that irrascible old hands tend to answer in=20 monosyllables.

Reply to
phorbin

By your question, do you mean can you post a link to something on facebook?

And the answer is yes. The problem with using facebook is, who gets to see it.

I suggested Flickr because it's known and openly accessible without having to be a member.

Reply to
phorbin