how far apart do you plant your zukes?

one foot? three feet? six feet? I have my whole back yard to use.

The goal is to thwart that stupid mold that gets them every year. (there is no sky watering and I use a water wand to water right at the root.)

It depends on how big the plant gets. We've had some up close that did well and some that were three or four feet apart that didn't. Place them far enough apart that they get plenty of sun all around.

Reply to
George Shirley

Thank you!

My pants get from three to four feet around (diameter).

A least three feet apart it is. I have always put them together. and they got squash bugs and mold.

I am trying to maximize the sunlight and minimize mold. and make it easier to inspect leaves for (squash bug) eggs.

Do these buzzards need to cross pollinate? That would be an issue in spacing.

What , no bees where you live ? There are a bunch of insects that spread pollen around in their foraging . Distances of a few feet are not going to be a problem . BTW , most all squashes have both male and female flowers and can self-pollinate with a little help from our insect friends .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Mason bees. Honey bees are still recovering from some kind of disease

One year I did not get but few fruits. I noticed that I only had dude flowers. Tons of dudes. Not a girl to be found. The guys probably left the toilet seat up or got blamed for attracting the squash bugs. :'(