How do I use/store my red chilis?

TIA

Here in Tucson Arizona I take my red chille and tie them on a string (rista) and hang them out in the sun to dry. This will work if you live in an area that gets lots of sun and does not have high humidity. After they dry out I keep them in zip lock bags until I am ready to use them. Using a blender a grind the dried chiles up to make chili powder that is great when making chili. I also soke them tin water then put them in the blender to make a sauce that we use to make enchilads from.
Saul snipped-for-privacy@nospam.teuton.org Remove nospam for valid address Do not send messages to the MSN.com address as they will be ignored
They can be frozen, but dried is the best.
In our last fun filled episode, Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:52:45 -0500,

Dooood, don't be so chatty.
What kind of chilies? How many, what size?
You can pickle, dry, or freeze 'em. You can make hot oils or vinegars. You can make salsas, chutney's, or poppers. You can grind up the dried ones and make hot pepper powders. You can grill 'em, make stir fries, or hot bean dishes. Or you can share with your friends and neighbors.
A lot depends on what kind you have, how many, and how much work you want to put into them.
Pam

Although I normally dry them in the oven and then grind them up to create a really tasty powder I can use in or on many things, I've tried and probably will try again the method I guess they use in New Mexico a lot, roast them (various methods to do this) until the skin blisters, peel off the skin and then freeze the remaining skinned pepper. I guess they use it in everything. This methodology can be found on many web pages. Here's the first two I found:
<http://www.ochef.com/101.htm <http://alibi.com/alibi/1999-09-09/feat.html
Gary