Hot Thai Pepper

My mother got this pepper at the grocery store called Thai Pepper. When I sliced off a bit of the flesh, I found it was sweet and crunchy. Encouraged, mom took off a nice chunk and got a mouthful of fiery placenta. It was amusing. Here are some pictures.
(The placenta is the whiter part inside the pepper.)