Hot Peppers - When do I pick them

I have several different variety of hot peppers growing. Jalapeno, cayenne, asian hot

My problem is I can't figure out when to pick them. Not sure when they are ready.

Can someone recommend a simple rule. They are all various sizes. i picked a few jalepenos. They look ok but the flavor is not right.

Thanks for any help!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Bowman

For full flavour pick them when they are fully coloured with the final colour of the cultivar. They are all green when immature, the mature colour is often red but can be brown, purple, yellow, orange or mixed. If they don't get diseased or fall off you can often leave them on the bush for some time after they are ripe and so pick them as required.

David Hare-Scott

If you want maximum flavor, pick when red. If you want maximum production pick when green. The flavor of green jalapenos improves, if you roast them, so that the skin turns black. De-skin, chop, and use.

Reply to
Billy

These old boys here an't got nothign to know about chiles

Reply to
Gunner

Brian try this:

Gunner