Hot Peppers - Indeterminate or Determinate ??

Are hot/chile peppers classified in these terms or is that only a tomoato thing? And while I'm on the subject, does indeterminate merely mean that it will reproduce through one growing season, or also that it is an annual which will carry over through more than 1 season?
Growing habaneros (red savina), jalapenos and seranos and am wondering what to expect.

Indeterminant/determinant relate to vine-type plants with tomato being one example. Indeterminant means the vine will continue to grow whereas a determinant vine grows to a certain length then stops.

Expect a lot of peppers, those are prolific varieties!
Penelope
Max Caviar wrote:

From personal experience, habaneros and serranos can overwinter and fruit strongly in subsequent years. (I have a prolific, ten year old serrano.) No personal experience with jalapenos.
Keep them from freezing or drying out over the winter, then trim severely at the first sign of new growth in the spring. "Severely" as in down to the first bud above the root. Old roots are good; old wood is bad.
--

www.midnightbeach.com

Thanks for the responses folks. I'm in Zone 23 so I'm assuming freezing won't be too much of a problem. But the Red Savina is unfortunately just getting going at this late date.
Jon Shemitz wrote:

Max Caviar Wrote:

them at the end of the season and keep warm over winter do not ove water and they will produce earlier and more. http://www.chileseeds.co.u
-- chilli-seeds