Hot peppers

I bought some hot pepper plants called "Tears of Fear". Green house owner only knew they were very hot. Anybody know anything about these? Thanks
Allan Matthews wrote:

I saw something like them in Parks seed catalog. From the description and the picture, I'd guess they are like short stubby jalapenos, but much hotter. About like a thick-walled hot cherry pepper, and twice as hot as a serrano pepper.
Bob

Could they be.... Habanero???
K.
--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Katra wrote:

They looked like jalapenos, and I don't remember if the Scoville rating was 10000 or 25000, but habanero-type hot peppers are usually 100000+ Scovilles.
Bob
In our last fun filled episode, Thu, 20 May 2004 20:17:59 -0400,

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId 101&catalogId066&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemIdR67&FromTextSearch=pepper&coremetricsCategory(001
From Park Seed:
The Name Says it All! Thick-fleshed fruits mature from green to chocolate to red!
65 days. Though not nearly as hot as a Habanero, Tears of Fire will earn its name with the first bite! The heat has been measured at well above 30,000 Scovilles!
Vigorous plants are very heavy-yielding, giving you a terrific harvest of thick-fleshed fruits. As the peppers ripen, they pass from green to chocolate-brown to red, with all colors present at once for a spectacular ornamental display!
hth
Penelope
opined:

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId 101&catalogId066&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemIdR67&FromTextSearch=pepper&coremetricsCategory(001
So you get a merit badge for each one you can get down?
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

<Tears of Fire>

<Penelope primly passes the prurient joke>
I don't know, it's a hybrid, and I only grow open pollinated vegetables. I have a passel of peppers, but no Tears of Fire. I googled for it.
Penelope
On Thu, 20 May 2004 20:17:59 -0400, Allan Matthews

Thaks to all. I really thought I had some much hotter peppers...maybe I can find some Scotch Bonnets yet.