Hot Peppers

I have a lot of hot peppers (habenero, Thai and Cayenne) that are still green. We should be getting a frost very soon..in the next few days. Can I just pick all of them and use them green or is there a way to get them to ripen up after being picked? Either way they will probably make a good sauce. Thanks, John
John wrote:

Green peppers are edible - bell peppers, serranos, and the long, New Mexican style peppers are commonly sold red or green. They may not be at full heat, and they'll certainly lack full flavor (and the corresponding flavonoids and other anti-oxidants) but you should be able to pick and freeze them, or use them in a big batch of salsa. Try one or two today ...
--

.NET 2.0 for Delphi Programmers www.midnightbeach.com/.net
Delphi skills make .NET easy to learn Great reviews & good sales.

Here's what I do. I pull the plants out of the ground and hang them upside down in a place where the plants will not freeze. The chilies continue to rippen. _________________ John Henry Wheeler Washington, DC USDA Zone 7