Hot Pepper Wax spray - first impressions

I asked last week about ways to prevent pests from eating my newly planted watermelons. I decided to buy "Hot Pepper Wax" (if anyone interested, I will look up details of my purchase and could make a picture of the bottle).

Anyway, the bottle arrived. After spraying the plants, I decided to be a little adventurous, sprayed my fingers and licked them.

I was expecting to get some unbearably "hot" feeling on my tongue, like from licking cayenne pepper.

Instead, I had a feeling that I lisked water with some waxy substance, I felt nothing unpleasant about that spray.

Hence, I would be surprised if it will work to deter other animals.

Probably just a scam waxy spray.

Ignoramus7096