Horseradish

Page 2 of 2

hot
He
about
contact
paper.
Enough
Oh dear. You're right. However any female who doesn't know about toxic shock syndrome and inserts a tampon after chopping chillies without first doing the anti toxi shock thorough handwashing routine deserves anything she gets in my humble opinion.

I strongly suspect that thorough handwashing isn't enough to remove the oils that cause the burn.

You are right, the oils sticks in your skin. Many years ago when I was just a lad I made Asian food for dinner using fresh chillis. I scrubbed and scrubbed with soap and a brush afterwards.
Later that night my sweety said rather shrill "go away, go far away, not tonight, no-way, git" I always use disposable gloves now.
David

routine
remove the

was just

and
not
Hmmm. I can well imagine that by wearing those disposable gloves you get an even worse reaction out in your sweety.

Do the grinding OUTDOORS.
Freshly ground horseradish could probably be used as a biological agent of war, like mustard gas.
Jan
Bedouin proverb:
If you have no troubles, buy a goat.
--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.

Farm1 wrote:

How do you oprepare it? I've grown some for the4 first time this year because I can't get it in jars here. (I live in France.) I can get something called horseradish cream but it's so mile it's almost sweet - sort of misses the whole point of horseradish!
Do I just grate it into a jar? Would I have to put it in sterilized jars?

I don't know about the horseradish but if you just want to blow your nose off, try the mustard. I felt like I'd been punched in the nose. France! You lucky bastard:-) - Bill