Horseradish

I strongly suspect that thorough handwashing isn't enough to remove the oils that cause the burn.

Gary Woods

You are right, the oils sticks in your skin. Many years ago when I was just a lad I made Asian food for dinner using fresh chillis. I scrubbed and scrubbed with soap and a brush afterwards.

Later that night my sweety said rather shrill "go away, go far away, not tonight, no-way, git" I always use disposable gloves now.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

routine

remove the

Hmmm. I can well imagine that by wearing those disposable gloves you get an even worse reaction out in your sweety.

Reply to
Farm1

How do you oprepare it? I've grown some for the4 first time this year because I can't get it in jars here. (I live in France.) I can get something called horseradish cream but it's so mile it's almost sweet - sort of misses the whole point of horseradish!

Do I just grate it into a jar? Would I have to put it in sterilized jars?

Reply to
horselover

Thanks! Wrote my question before I saw this answer.

tuckermo wrote:

Reply to
horselover

Which is good, because I would have re-replied.

(Short memory is the first thing to go, and I forget what the others are)

Gary Woods

I don't know about the horseradish but if you just want to blow your nose off, try the mustard. I felt like I'd been punched in the nose. France! You lucky bastard:-)

- Bill

Reply to
William L. Rose