Horse manure over asparagus and elephant garlic

Anyone done this before? Got about 10# of year old manure that I spreaded over the beds 2" thick. Didn't have any unused beds to work the shit in so I just dumped it on top of occupied beds. Hope the cold will prevent any burning of the underground plant parts..

I do that every year but I use fresh horse manure. It isn't a hot manure like poultry manure.