Horse Manure

What sort of weedkiller is it that the farmer used? Is there some new weedkiller involved now? I'd heard about aminopyralid and clopyrolid but nothing else.

Reply to
FarmI

,snip>

No actually, he's insured.

PDM

Reply to
PDM

One of the above, can't remember which one now. PDM

Reply to
PDM

Won't you need to know for a legal case?

Reply to
Sacha

I'm beginning to suspect s/he might be pulling our chain about suing the farmer.

No-one with any sense would sue over lost spuds even if the spuds had been special ones. It'd be a case of cutting off ones nose to spite one's face. The cost of not winning would be horrendous and even if one did win then the manure supply would either dry up immediately or become exhorbitant. People in the UK already seem to have enough trouble getting manure in bulk. Can you imagine the price it'd have to be to cover the increased risk of being sued?

Reply to
FarmI

I suppose it depends on how litigious one is! I can't imagine suing a farmer over the loss of one year's allotment crops, given the amount of money spent on legal fees will be enormous and there's always the risk of losing. Next time I bump into one of our local farmers I must check their manure is insured. ;-))

Reply to
Sacha