Horse Manure

Page 3 of 3
,snip>

No actually, he's insured.
PDM

What sort of weedkiller is it that the farmer used? Is there some new weedkiller involved now? I'd heard about aminopyralid and clopyrolid but nothing else.

PDM
On 1/10/08 19:48, in article 48e3c60c$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com,

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

I'm beginning to suspect s/he might be pulling our chain about suing the farmer.
No-one with any sense would sue over lost spuds even if the spuds had been special ones. It'd be a case of cutting off ones nose to spite one's face. The cost of not winning would be horrendous and even if one did win then the manure supply would either dry up immediately or become exhorbitant. People in the UK already seem to have enough trouble getting manure in bulk. Can you imagine the price it'd have to be to cover the increased risk of being sued?
On 2/10/08 07:46, in article 48e46e48$0$22563$ snipped-for-privacy@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au, "FarmI"

farmer over the loss of one year's allotment crops, given the amount of money spent on legal fees will be enormous and there's always the risk of losing. Next time I bump into one of our local farmers I must check their manure is insured. ;-))