@#$%$##@ Hornworms!!!!

Page 2 of 2

My cat thinks the moths are great toys.
-- http://yosemitenews.info /

<lol> I can imagine... :-) They don't turn into those "hummingbird moths" that fertilize my moon vines do they???
I think they are just the regular sphynx moths?
K.
--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Unfortunately she brings them into the house to play. But they are a lot better than some of the other "toys" she brings us ;)
-- http://yosemitenews.info /

<rolls eyes> I understand all too well...
Ever stepped in mouse guts in bare feet???
K.
--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Can't say I've ever had that pleasure.
-- http://yosemitenews.info /

It's a cat thing..... ;-)
--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Worse than hairball vomit?

A little gooier. <G>
We never had a cat door for the cats when we lived in the desert, and our best hunters liked to be out at night. We'd find various pieces parts of animals on the front porch in the mornings so after stepping in them a couple of times, we learned to watch for them. <G>
Cats like to bring their people "gifts"...
The only time "prey" ever ended up indoors was when a female with kittens would meow at the door, then run inside with it. It was usually still half-alive at that point. :-P Usually mice, rats, small squirrels, Kangaroo rats and the occasional quail. Patience was the only cat we ever had that would catch rabbits!
Now that we spay/neuter and keep the cats inside, it's no longer an issue. <lol>
K.
--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

yuck
My cat is spayed but she still uses her cat door to go out and hunt at night. She did become prey once but the owl lost.

Indeed. ;-)

Wow. Owl claw holes tend to get badly infected... :-P Glad she is ok!
K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

It took 6 months for her to lose the limp. Recently I put a plastic owl on the roof and she wanted to go after it; she even hissed.

It sounds like your cat has spunk. Did the owl that attacked her survive?
I understand that around here, coyotes like to eat cats. I try to keep my cats in at night. That's especially true of the barn cat that was recently given to our son. Don is seriously doting over that little kitten.
Ray

She's certainly the smartest cat I've ever been owned by.

That I don't know.

That's what I thought here; but I learned that it is the owls that get most of the cats.

Your cat has serious spunk..... :-)
K.
--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

And I have the scars to prove it!

I despise them so much that when I pick them I drop them in a stirred up fireant hill.
Bob S.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Bob S.) wrote:

Oh man! That's mean! ;-) But, I guess my feeding them to the chickens is no worse. <lol>
K.
--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

snipped-for-privacy@centurytel.net writes:

I used to think that was bizarre . . . until someone told me why.
They are not bringing us gifts, they are taking their prey back to the den. That's part of their eons-old instincts. Made perfect sense. However, when I found a mouse in their dish of milk one morning, I wondered. Did the mouse drown getting a drink or were the cats trying to sweeten it up? LOL
Glenna
snipped-for-privacy@pmug.org (Glenna Rose) wrote:

That does make more sense, thanks! Cats are cool....... ;-)
K.
--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...