Honeyberry

I got a new catalog today- "one Green World". Never dealt with the folks, but the description "Unique Fruits and Ornamentals from around the World" made me crack the cover and drool a bit.

These guys caught my eye-- Honeyberry - sets fruit early spring- looks like a real prolific plant with berries large enough for me to pick a quart or two.

've learned over the years that everything is beautiful, easy, and prolific in a seed catalog, but not always the same in real life. So I wondered if anyone had some real world experience with them.

I went to google groups first and ran across a few threads asking about them in 2002-- but not a bunch of folks saying they tried them.

I found this thread on gardenweb;

real encouraging- but it hasn't turned me off yet.

I'm in NY- a warm zone 5.

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Did you search for lonicera kamchatika?

There were some Land Grant University info about some trials, you could contact them.

John!

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Reply to
GA Pinhead