Homemade Insecticides - Tobaco

Page 2 of 3

Tobacco teas formulas are in this book. An interesting book, but not for gardening.

I don't know, Nad. The stuff doesn't look safe ;O)
--
- Billy
“When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the

4060mg (0.5-1.0mg/kg) of nicotine can be a lethal dosage for adult humans.
The amount of nicotine that smokers inhale from each cigarette is 1.5 milligrams per cigarette.
The amount of nicotine in a single cigarette is 8 to 9 milligrams on average.
Nicotine affects almost every system in the body. When you take a puff, your heart beats faster, your pulse quickens, your veins constrict, your blood pressure increases. Your adrenal glands pump out adrenaline that increases your heart rate, relaxes many of your smooth muscles, and raises your metabolic rate. Even the electrical activity in your brain changes.
Totally avoidable.
--
- Billy
When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the

an attempt to justify nothing.
Do you know enough to not drink the tea or do you need to be warned also?

Yes, labels are needed to protect yourself from those that are stupid and those that are intelligent by playing stupid. If you do not protect yourself you are stupid!
If your looking for the LD, Lethal Dose, for nicotine it is on the Wikipedia site. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine. In the Toxicology section for ingestion and on skin absorption provides the numbers.

I know what the LD 50 of nicotine is dannabilly, but I suspect you don't quite understand it beyond what you just googled on wiki do you?

The use of pesticides and the LD50 on pesticide labels was taught in my Master Gardeners Classes. Yes I know what LD is about. I listed the site because you kept asking the same stupid question about "Again, no one has given any specific amount". Billy posted the numbers, I posted sites and David used reason and you continue to doubt?
I am beginning to think you are beyond the concept of reason. You live by rhetoric and not reason in which nothing can be explained to you or change your mind. You and I have our beliefs. I live by reason and to change my mind you need logical reasonable steps. When it comes to science, I have a feeling you will take the word of a minister about science over a scientist.

wrote: I listed the site

The killfile is very effective. I can recommend it's usage.

One post seems like a complement by calling me "less venal" less corruptible and this post recommends the kill file on me :)
Interesting, very interesting :)

Well I don't consider you venal but the new David seems to do so.
And I do recommend the killfile. I use it to reduce the amount of rubbish posts :-))

I wouldn't have thought so :-))

Agreed, my extensive use of the kill file has weeded out the Dr. Chung knuckle-heads in sci.med.cardiology (about 75% of the posts). Makes reading the group much more efficient.
--
- Billy

As I read FarmI's post, I saw it as her recommending that you, Nad R, should killfile Gunner. I could be wrong but either way it shows how arguments start and continue.
Mike

I will not kill file anyone. I enjoyed gunners comments and his links. I believe in free speech. I will listen to those that I disagree with. The reason for this is, I base my life on reason. I do not any trust reason because it is based on presuppositions. If I find my presuppositions are wrong then the reasoning conclusions could be wrong and then I need to re-evaluate my thoughts.
It is those that always agree with me are the ones that I do not listen to. Because I will learn nothing from them, therefore a waste of time. If my opponents cannot defend his position then it reaffirms my reasoning and presuppositions.

Steady Nad, FarmI was suggesting a KF for Gunny. A suggestion which has saved me time.
--
- Billy

You and lil frannie mae keep saying this kill file thingie. Yet, here you both are crowing about the same thing, still hoping to stir up some some revolutionary support here in the barnyard for your cause.
The solution is really quite simple, lil billy. DONT READ IT. No one can force you to read against your will, can they? Much less take the conscious effort to write and express your disdain when someone doesn't buy into your myopic eco-warrior CS. And yet, ..here you are... again!
It is a repetitious pattern with you two. you and your ilk need a nemesis to keep this facade of being the champion cock. You feed on it... that and the weak. It helps you escape your little Walter Mitty existence. You know if you couch your words just so.... you can sound like your standing up to da man. If you cherry pick the right Amazon book listing you can pull off the pseudo intellectual part as well, if you can divert the attention to your message, plus your safely protected by internet anonymity . Ya, there will always be some in the yard that will follow. But know the flock is fickle.
Actually, it is fun for me to have you pretend you will kill fileme .... this time for sure, right? This way I get to make fun of you to your face and despite your surreptitious reading, you can't respond till someone trips the pretense.. and only then do you get to express your self-righteous indignation and do your your eco warrior dance for the crowd.
So... hey, .... love the kf plan!
BTW fannie. your answer is... because it was inconsequential, and yes, billy did get it wrong....again

It has worked well for me. Gunny occasionally has useful information, but more often he is just bored and trying to start an argument which he will press with obfuscation, and distractions.
--
- Billy

Me too. I never used to use the kill file but eventually I realised just how much time I was wasting reading stuff that I didn't have to bother with.
In article

Actually, it is a cautionary tale about trusting corporate media, even if it isn't the most egregious Fox News. The same media that justified our excuse for going to war, always has an agenda. Our news papers don't give us the facts, they set the scene for us. They tell us that Chavez is a dictator, Morales a drug addict, spending half the world's military budget isn't excessive, and, now, that unions are the reason for our economic collapse. Apparently it had nothing to do with Paulson and Gleitner shoveling trillions of dollars to their friends on Wall Street, when the whole debacle could have been controlled by adjusting the home mortgages, which had been turned into toxic derivatives.
We really can't trust the mass media because 90% of it is owned by 5 corporations.
Al-Jazeera (http://english.aljazeera.net/ ), which has aroused great interest by being banned in Egypt due to its excellent coverage of the uprising, is not itself carried by any American cable or satellite company, but LINK TV (http://www.linktv.org/ ) has included regular programming from Al-Jazeera and other foreign networks, and has recently greatly increased the amount of news coverage it shows from Al-Jazeera.
Progressive news show Democracy Now! (http://www.democracynow.org/ ) remains the world's best news show, and of course includes great coverage of the Egyptian uprising, including extra specials on the subject. Democracy Now! is carried by LINK TV (http://www.linktv.org/ ), Free Speech TV (http://www.freespeech.org/ ), and Pacifica Radio (http://www.pacifica.org/ ), all of them worth checking out anyway.
Antiwar.com (http://antiwar.com/ ) has been providing its usual essential coverage of these happenings as well as other important issues, as well as opinion pieces from across the spectrum. Common Dreams (http://www.commondreams.org/ ), The Raw Story (http://www.rawstory.com/ ), and AlterNet News (http://www.alternet.org / ) provide info and commentary from a progressive viewpoint, as does Information Clearing House (http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/ ). Progressive Indian site Towards a Counter Movement (http://www.countercurrents.org/index.htm ) has also given the uprising a good deal of coverage.
From a right-libertarian viewpoint, Strike The Root (http://www.strike-the-root.com/ ) and Rational Review (http://rationalreview.news-digests.com/todays-edition ) are worth checking out.
For left-libertarian/anarchist news and viewpoints, see Infoshop News (http://news.infoshop.org/ ), Anarkismo (http://www.anarkismo.net/newswire.php ), Anarchist News (http://anarchistnews.org/ ), A-Infos (http://www.ainfos.ca/en/ ), and the Center for a Stateless Society (http://c4ss.org/ ).
Middle east scholar Juan Cole's blog Informed Comment (http://www.juancole.com/ ) provides excellent info and commentary on this and other mideast issues.
--
- Billy
When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the

so your TUI again huh?

quibble? It is you who is pulling at straws here David.
Your analogy is all wrong but please continue to try to connect the dots