Home Gardening Becomes Even More Imperative

Page 2 of 7
In article

I'll believe that when I see it... I think he's just playing lip service if you know what I mean.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Hmmmm.....thought that was the the Arkansawyer that played that.

Huh?????
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Hi Om,
I believe charlie was referencing (jokingly) the bill & monica scandel, uh, show! charlie can correct me if i'm wrong though.......
Rae

Makes sense now, sorry! ;-)
Just color that a "duh" moment for me! <lol>
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

You put them on the lawn. (I do that with all three of mine.) What they produce from trimming the lawn gets fed back to the garden in time.
Don't think that a good buggy and harness and horse cost any less than a car, though, those days are pretty much gone. And my big boy produces more than his share of methane -- and it's usually when I'm grooming his tail.
in: rec.gardens

I just got back from riding Jonsey. He hates the indoor ring but it's just too wet to jump outside. Same old routine. He dances around and plops a few big dollops and then tries to throw me. He is definitely an outside boy. He has yet to emit any methane while I'm gooming him but I'm not about to give him any ideas.
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf

D'argo has always saved his best... er... ERUPTIONS...:) for the farriers. He does it to be funny, I swear. It's his own personal commentary on things. And he always has a look on his face like the little boy who farts loudly in church -- totally embarrased but obviously he couldn't control it, Mom. Really, it was just an accident.
this in: rec.gardens

Jonsey was such a quiet, sweet fellow when I first started riding him. Now he's full of the devil. Seems like right after I made the decision to buy him, the spoiled child routine started. I suppose he somehow senses he has a permanent, good family and wants the spoils he's missed. He never looks embarrased when he does something ungentlemanly like. He looks defiant ;) Somehow I've got to get him to realize he no longer has to race for his oats. Once he settles down he can sail over fences like no other horse I've ever had but if I don't warm him up first I find myself hurtling over fences at what seems like 100mph.
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf
was forced to post

I hope you're wearing a helmet, my friend.
in: rec.gardens

Always. And no jewelry either.
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf

The first time I popped a helmet I had to return it for a new one and write a story about what had happened so they could study it. I settled for drawing a cartoon of Evil D'argo (complete with tiny, devil, horse-horns) laughing maniacally as he sucked in his gut and spun his saddle -- and me -- off on steep slope. I think I may even have had bounce lines to show my trajectory down the hillside.
On 5/31/07 3:02 PM, in article f3n652$5ke$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com,

I'd love to see a copy of it! C

Me, too. I didn't keep one. :(
On 6/1/07 6:39 AM, in article f3ot1c$cal$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com,

What did they say when you sent the cartoon in? It does sound funny. C

I thought it might make their day but they never acknowledged it. Maybe they wanted more technical info. (Hey, that's all I could remember -- I fell ON MY HEAD.) They did send me a new helmet but they're supposed to do that anyway.
On 6/1/07 7:56 AM, in article f3p1gg$q9p$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com,

the problem is, all carbon based fuels release CO2 when burned.
what we need is to break the hydrogen oxygen bond in water and then burn the hydrogen back to water. plants do this, they use solar energy to knock the hydrogen off the water, use the energy of the electrons to form a covalent bond (organic) that stores the energy (using CO2). That is really clean energy.
Ingrid
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote:

Not to put too fine a point on it, but fossil fuel has been out of the carbon cycle for a long time and is being reintroduced. Wood burned from last year though is just going around and around in the carbon cycle. We need to stop burning fossil fuel.
- Bill Coloribus gustibus non disputatum
In article

Absofrigginlootly! :-)
And guess what? It'd also drastically improve global air quality...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.