holes!

Hi All,
We have had thunderstorms every afternoon for the past three weeks here in Norther Nevada. Today's was accompanied with pea and marble sized hail. (I do adore the free water!)
My zuke leaves now have a few holes in them. Is this a problem? Will they grow back?
-T
On 7/9/2015 12:19 AM, T wrote:

We had the same problem earlier this year, hail the size of golf balls. Zukes, yellow squash, cabbage all had holes in leaves but they still produced and healed up enough to keep going. Let them grow.
On 07/09/2015 06:43 AM, George Shirley wrote:

Thank you!
T wrote: ...hail damage...

some leaves will repair themselves, but others may not... depends upon the extent of the damage and the plant's determination if it is worth doing. it's a summation game. break enough tubes and the nutrients can't keep up with the evaporation through the leaves then it will wilt.
songbird
On 07/09/2015 06:51 AM, songbird wrote:

Thank you!
T wrote:

y.w. :)
we had a large enough hailstorm come through last night to do some damage to various plants so i get to see plant trauma response in action again. i'm sure some of the squash leaves will collapse and give up but the plants are so large and always putting on so much new growth that i can't imagine this making much difference. at their rate they'll take over the world well before the fall frosts come.
roof leaked again... *grumble*
songbird