Here we go again

celery substitute... why do people cook celery? :)

but i like it fresh too as i like celery crunchy too.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Probably to keep me from eating it - and carrots, Jerusalem artichokes, and spinach, and (evidently) fennel, among other perfectly nice foods that are ruined by cooking.

(But I'm no "raw food diet" fool.)

Peas and corn can go either way (a little heat melts the butter, but is otherwise not critical, and the butter doesn't help my height to width ratio anyway.) Cabbage should just be turned into sauerkraut. Potatoes, squash and plantains need cooking. Apples can go either way (some more one direction than others, of course.)

To each their own...so long as they are not serving me. ;^)

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Sorry, I didn't grow Asian vegetables when I lived in Michigan, so I can't help with any specifics for there.

But I can steer you to my source for Asian vegetable seeds: kitazawaseed.com

They're located in Oakland, CA, and have been in business for ages. Their catalog is worth having on hand both for the seed descriptions, but also for the recipe suggestions.

Besides the extra dwarf and dwarf bok choy, I also have grown several varieties of their snap and snow peas, napa cabbage, and a green called Vitamina which is a very fast growing cabbage-like green. There are two lettuce varieties that are among my favorites, Okayama Salad and Manoa (which even my fussy neighbor loves). Lots of goodies to choose from, although their shipping prices are a bit steep, so I only order from them every other year.

HTH

Nyssa, who just got hit with a winter storm on Monday after hitting 60+ degrees on Sunday...what a winter!

Reply to
Nyssa

Last week I was riding my Harley for my errands . This week we're waiting for the ice to melt enough to get out to the highway - and we drive a 4WD

4Runner .
Reply to
Terry Coombs