Here We go Again

Damn Deer came up on my porch and ate every stinking one of my Panseys. Took them out of the pots and left them on the concrete. There are woods all around us, why won't they leave me alone?????????

Reply to
mjciccarel

Who or what could resist a fresh salad this time of year? Venison is delicious especially the backstrap. Marinade over night, grill to just rare and slice thinly. Steve

Reply to
Steve Peek

All wild game should be cooked well done . Sounds like pansies might work better than corn . And if it's up on your porch you can shoot it as an "intruder" ...

Reply to
Snag

Medium rare venison backstrap or tenderloin is great. I leave it in the freezer for a month to make sure any potential parasite, rare in deer, is dead.

Wife will not allow me to hunt the deer that haunt our property. I've gotten to the point that I refuse to put up netting to stop them. There are plenty of plants that they will not eat unless absolutely starving. A flight of steps is nothing to them and people are often surprised that they will come on their porch.

Reply to
Frank

I have an electric fence for the gardens and I use a spray for my roses. If I forget to spray them the deer have eaten them almost to the ground, stems and all

Reply to
mjciccarel

Because you won't shoot them.

If I had deer on my land . They would be extinct.

Diesel.

Reply to
DogDiesel

No , no , no , not extinct ! Thin the herd , but leave breeding stock so you'll have a steady supply of meat .

Reply to
Snag