HELP / growing Red Robin tomato plans indoors

I would like to grow some Red Robin tomato plants indoors this winter, but I'm having trouble. My first attempt failed, as the plants became a rich dark green (seemingly too dark), then their leaves began to turn pale and wither.

I've heard that Red Robins are an easy plant to grow indoors? Can anyone tell me how to do it? I need some user-friendly advice and suggestions because I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Any replies appreciated.

Reply to
whitewater262

I have not tried that cultivar, But most of the small container tomatoes are pretty easy.( I have grown Tiny Tim). A good pot, with a saucer type arrangement for bottom watering, good growing medium ( not house plant potting soil) and a sunny window is all that is needed. Overwatering can be a problem. More tomatoes are killed by kindness than neglect. For a growing medium, I like Pro-mix, but Miraclegro will work.

Reply to
farmerdill

Sun has been in short supply, so I've had to rely on artifical light. Are there any types of artificial light that are better or worse than others? How close or how far must it be from the plant? Any info appreciated.

Reply to
whitewater262