Heirloom Tomato Predation.

[posted to ba.garden, too]
I had (stress that word) six beautiful, almost-ripe-and-ready-to-serve heirlooms. They were monstrous and finishing up ripening. I checked them regularly for progress and was planning to pick them today.
I see that all six have provided a feast for some as-yet-unfound pest! Circular bites, approx. an inch wide by 1/2" inch deep. I immediately went looking for tomato worms and found none. I searched for snails but again found none. I was buzzed by six angry wasps, though; 2 mud-dabbers and four meat-bees (yellow jackets). Could these have been the source of predation?
Many thanks for helping me eliminate the varmint.
The Ranger

It's entirely possible that the yellowjackets did it. I have seen them eat holes in ripe pears that are fairly big.
Ray
Check for stink bugs. They are feeding heavily on my tomatoes now. Steve