hedelfinger riesenkirsche pollination

I've just bought a sweet cherry plant, Hedelfinger riesenkirsche.
The label says it's self pollinating but Google tells me Hedelfinger is an old variety and so likely to need a pollinating partner close by. Has any one had success with this variety and if so did you need a partner for it?
Many thanks