Heat Affecting Tomatoes

My Brandywine, Brandy Boy, Big Beef, and Gurney Girl plants are producing in abundance, but not turning red yet.

However, the Cherokee Purple and Black Krim are not doing as well, with many blossoms and few setting. It's been well into the 90=B0s with RH running between 7% and 44%. The heat has caused some drooping of the Cherokee Purple leaves, so I give them some extra water, and cover the cages with old bed sheets during the heat of day.

I'm in metro Denver where we usually have a short season. On Aug 1, I snip-off the new growth and blossoms that have not set, and hope for a late frost.

Reply to
George