Harvested first tomato- blah!

Very disappointed. Harvested first tomato - ate it straight off the vine. Blah taste, no zing. It's one of the ubiquitous tomato plants sold in So. Calif. nurseries. I am notorious about not tagging plants carefully, so I THINK it's Champion or maybe Better Boy or Celebrity.

In any case, it's doesn't have the sharp, acid taste I like in a tomato.

Just venting.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Tomatoes are very easy to grow from seed. Choose a variety of seed that grows nice tomatoes at home, and grow those. Save money too.

Reply to
echinosum

Mine are normally rally bad too, no different this time round!

Reply to
gmb27