Harvested first tomato- blah!

Very disappointed. Harvested first tomato - ate it straight off the vine. Blah taste, no zing. It's one of the ubiquitous tomato plants sold in So. Calif. nurseries. I am notorious about not tagging plants carefully, so I THINK it's Champion or maybe Better Boy or Celebrity.
In any case, it's doesn't have the sharp, acid taste I like in a tomato.
Just venting.
HB
Higgs Boson;927833 Wrote:

grows nice tomatoes at home, and grow those. Save money too.
--
echinosum

echinosum;928042 Wrote: > Mine are doing terribly. I planted them out about 20 May as there was no > sign of any future frost and it seemed to be pleasantly warm. But then > it got cool and the plants got smaller rather than larger during June. > The olded leaves rotted off and the new ones have only just started to > come. Normally I'd expect to have huge scrambling plants by now, but > they've only just started doing anything. Same with my dwarf beans.

--
gmb27