Harvest Time

Well, the persimmons are about ready to pick... the scrub jays have shown up.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Sweet corn harvest is over. We ate the last ears on Monday.

Raspberry harvest continues...the main competition being the ants and the yellowjackets. For some reason, the birds don't go after the raspberries. (Maybe they were spoiled by all those sweet purple mulberries earlier in the summer?)

Next year I have to root out the 'unknown' variety of raspberry and replace it with more 'Polish; -- the 'unknown' may ripen first in the summer, but ripens too late in the fall to be reliable. 'Polish' is earlier, on better-behaved canes.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz