Hanging Strawberry Plant - Small Fruit

Good Day All!
About a month ago, we purchased a hanging strawberry plant from a local nursery. All berries the first couple of weeks were great. Everything since has been very small, smaller than a dime.
The plant is grown in some type of hydroscopic gel, which mulch. We have limited the runners to six, and daughters on each runner to two (as directed by the instructions with the plant). We water daily, and have fertilized once.
Does anybody know what I should do to increase the berry size?
Thank you,
Tim Southern New Jersey (Zone 6)

Grow a different variety, at a guess.
Sounds like you are doing all the right things.
--
Brian