Hanging Baskets

This year I'm growing 'Tumbling Tom' cherry tomatoes, strawberries and Aji limon chillies all of which I'm told are good to grow in hanging baskets. What I want to know is could I mix these plants? i.e could I grow the chillies and the tomatoes in the same basket?

I'd probably keep the strawberries seperate but I thought it may be nice to mix the Tumbling Tom (yellow & red) and the yellow chillies.

Any comments or advice please?

PS - I live in North West England

Thanks

Reply to
JonnyBeBad

Neither plant will be optimum size, but it should work. They both are heavy feeders. Be sure to fish emulsion every 2 weeks. The bigger the basket, the bigger the plants.

Reply to
Billy

Sure. The usual caveats about competition apply though, if multiple plants of either (or any) species are competing for nutrients, sun or water then all will have less than maximum vigour. So it depends on the size of the basket. Make sure it hangs in a warm sunny spot sheltered from wind and check every day that it isn't too dry.

David Hare-Scott