growing veg indoors

I live in a flat and fancy having a go at growing veg indoors i
pots,what veg can be grown this way i have no garden. never grown ve before but fancy having a go this year
-- sneaks
On 3/12/06 10:48 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk, "sneaks"

also help to have lights for photosynthesis. I would recommend starting with a single General Hydroponics Water Farm. (I am not a shill for GH) You can put it together yourself but the Water Farm is a complete unit, except for the seed and lights. It would really save you a lot of grief the first time around. It would take up about a square foot of floor space. The likelihood of spillage is present. That should let you grow a significant number of tomatoes.
Bill -- Ferme le Bush

Large bucket. Avoid moneymaker and try one of the more unusual varieties. Tigerella by personal preference YMMV. Grow it on the balcony or near a window.
HTH
Dave
someone here wrote:

sneaks wrote:

For plants you can't kill, go with herbs. They are weeds in their native lands, ones that happen to taste good and be non-toxic.
For starting from seeds, go with big seeds not small ones. Legumes - beans, peas and such. Easy to sprout in a glass, easy to transplant into a bucket.
Doug Freyburger Wrote:

I agree, herbs are a good place to start and success is virtuall guaranteed as long as there is plenty of light, some warmth and the are well watered. Try sage (large seeds, quick germination but needs large-ish pot eventually). Also Dill, Corriander and Parsley will d well in pots and all will be happy in standard multi-purpose compost Peppers are worth a try as well but need to be kept well watered and i a sunny position
-- chrisannandsam
If you have 6 hours of sunlight a day you can grow a wide variety of herbs and veggies, I have grown cherry tomatoes, basil, green beans and thyme in containers in living room window. If you do not have sufficent sunlight you will need artifical light or rely on sprouting.