Growing Peppers

Hi

New to the scene so be gentle with me!!

I have recently taken up a bit of gardening and have found that i real quite enjoy it to my surprise,I have always been a lover of peppers an was wondering how to grow my own,I live in the North East of Scotlan and have no Greenhouse etc,also quite like the idea of growing my ow chili plants but aint got a clue where to start !!!Can you buy plant that are started or do you grow them from seed (told you i was new, bu willing to learn) so any information would be a great help.

Thanks

Lenn

-- Lenny

Reply to
Lenny

It isn't the right time of year in your part of the world. Plan on springtime.

Yes, you can buy seedlings - very small plants a few inches tall. Try a garden store. In my area, some supermarkets also carry them.

Reply to
<usenet2006

Lenny, Scotland and peppers don't mix. If you take commonly grown crops from the temperate region, peppers are amongst the most heat loving. But there are dozens of full flavored crops that your cool, long day climate will support and which will give you bigger crops than I may get. Favas, various types of onions, shallots, and garlic, many herbs, Hubbard squash, peas, various greens, carrots, parsnips, beets, cress or watercress, potatoes, all brassicas. You can have a great garden even without sweet potato, watermelon, okra, eggplant or peppers. Also, as a former hater of a number of vegetables, let me tell that you will love your own vegetables no matter what.

Reply to
simy1