growing mustard for seed

I was able to successfully sprout some yellow mustard seed from the kitchen. I'd like to try growing it in the garden. Has anyone else done this? When should it be planted? Does it need a lot of sun? Is it insect-pollinated?
I live in southern Wisconsin (zone 5a). The soil has a lot of clay.
Derald wrote:

Yes
When should it be planted?
Spring
Does it need a lot of sun?
Yes

Yes

Enrich and loosen it with organic matter.
The most tedious part is cleaning the heads to get the seed out.
David

Thank you both.