Growing Fall / Winter Vegetables in Southern California

Are there any good vegetables I can grow in southern California in the fall and winter? I'd like vegetables that are high in nutrients and anti-oxidants.
if you google it, you will find all you need.
Any cool weather crop...... home vegetable gardening- all the info you need http://vric.ucdavis.edu/selectnewtopic.garden.htm
Vegetable Research & Info Center from UC Davis http://vric.ucdavis.edu/usesites/ressite.htm
Another UC Davis site http://vric.ucdavis.edu/veginfo/veginfor.htm
Site for free printable info from UC Davis (you can also buy books and publications) http://anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu/InOrder/Shop/Shop.asp
also, check with your county's cooperative extension (every county has one) If you plan to really get into gardening, buy the California Master Gardener Handbook (it's great!)
<> wrote in message = Are there any good vegetables I can grow in southern California in the<BR>&gt; fall and winter? I'd like vegetables that are high in nutrients and<BR>&gt; anti-oxidants.<BR>&gt;</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Just about anything will grow in SoCal during the fall and winter. Nearly all fresh produce has nutrients and anti-oxidants.

Not if it needs long days.
On 2005-10-25 08:41:01 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com said:

Lettuce, Swiss chard, spinach, Asian greens, cabbage, broccoli, peas, cool season tomatoes... The list goes on. Any cool weather vegies (include most of the leafy vegies) are only happy here fall through early spring.
Helen
Helen Qian wrote:

Good list. Also, carrots, beets, snowpeas, potatoes, onions, shallots, and many herbs.