Growing Fall / Winter Vegetables in Southern California

Are there any good vegetables I can grow in southern California in the fall and winter? I'd like vegetables that are high in nutrients and anti-oxidants.

Reply to
wizzzer

if you google it, you will find all you need.

Reply to
simy1

Reply to
Nicole H

Just about anything will grow in SoCal during the fall and winter. Nearly all fresh produce has nutrients and anti-oxidants.

Reply to
usual suspect

Lettuce, Swiss chard, spinach, Asian greens, cabbage, broccoli, peas, cool season tomatoes... The list goes on. Any cool weather vegies (include most of the leafy vegies) are only happy here fall through early spring.

Helen

Reply to
Helen Qian

Good list. Also, carrots, beets, snowpeas, potatoes, onions, shallots, and many herbs.

Reply to
aem

Not if it needs long days.

Reply to