Growing Brussels Sprouts in zone 10

After a few months in the ground I read an old sunset garden book that said they dont grow well in So-cal. Right, This doesnt seem to be working very well.
Big green plants, but small deformed immature nubs. One plant blew over in the wind, and after tying it back up has developed an S shaped stem.
Should I pull these things up and throwem in the compost bin?
Mike wrote:

You would probably find it easier growing Palm Trees in Alaska during the wintertime.
My guess is you used to work for the government.

<http://www.sunpalmtrees.com/Cold-Hardy-Palm-Trees.htm
Good to -10 F
Bill
--