Growing Broccoli

I am growing broccoli in my garden at home and am wondering about it. I heard you have to keep cutting the leaves on it to make it grow. Do I do this or do I let it grow out as normal without doing anything to it? I just keep watering it at the moment...

Phil

Reply to
Sharkey

Removing leaves is removing the food source for the plant. You do want to cut the heads as they form, because as in most vegetables, once seed starts to form, the plant goes into retirement.

Reply to
FarmerDill

Everything you every wanted to know about Broccoli:

Ocean Beach, CA

Reply to
Bob Doyle